Saturday, October 01, 2011

An October Tradition!

General conference- definitely one of my favorite times of the year.My family woke up this morning with a huge batch of cinnamon rolls we made last night, which is a big tradition for us- We give half away and enjoy the other half on the Saturday and Sunday of conference.Here's me with my boys after the general priesthood session on Saturday afternoon.My sons and I have each been ordained to the priesthood in our church: Hans is a priest, I'm a High Priest, David is an Elder, and Leif is a Deacon. At the priesthood session, we get to listen to excellent talks and instruction from our prophet and other leaders about our duties and how to be better followers of Jesus Christ. Some examples from this time around were talks on caring for the poor, having the courage to stand alone, and helping young men understand the significance of representing God. It is an uplifting experience, and afterwards, we go out to eat!

No comments: